Old 04-27-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
thequest

Originally Posted by MissUs2015 View Post
The most loving thing to say sometimes is "no."

My addict graduated in the early 1980s. He"hangs around with other people who graduated around then, doing drugs as if they're just "experimenting" even as the years become decades and generations. Running home to mommies who need to be needed surpasses even their addict's need for narcotics.

They're in a perpetual 1982. It's just sad.
The addict from the 1980s, ouch.

To me the 1980s was the decade that made "partying" more acceptable by over glamourizing the party "experience" with expensive bars & night clubs, clothing and I guess branding/status. Even drug dealers got an upgrade from a criminal one only dealt with in dark alleys to facilitator or go to person at bars & parties. I think it was the 80s that the DJ and/or orchestrated party or wedding became more common trying capture some of the club experience.

If something like cocaine did not have the club experience or drug of the rich associated I think cocaine and/or crack would've been just another fad.

I realize there are many reasons for drug abuse but to stay on topic I think "the party" contributes to a lot of it.