View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Let us know how everything goes in therapy and otherwise, Justin

Other powerful areas that truly work for me to help maintain my sobriety (and my inspirations about life in general) are engaging in physical reality. That was something I detached from and disliked for a good reason in my early childhood... but re-connecting with my physicality, and the physicality of others have always helped me tremendously in my good phases.

So, yeah, I just had my hair done (again) today. It's a really silly thing, but the origin is that I have nice hair that stylists have fancied even when I was a child, and it still grows like weed (good "weed" ). Something I like about myself at least, but I only do when I take care of it these days.

Also, I re-started dancing a couple months ago and I'm really enjoying it. And now it's spring on our hemisphere, so I can get into long distance running again.

The thing I'm trying to convey, Justin, is that we may have gifts, including parts of physical health -- but these won't last forever. The whole idea of enjoying the moment is built on this, I think