View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Calicofish
Catch and Release

Crap, crap, crap!

My dog started limping today. She had ACL repair surgery in October and today she is not weight bearing on that same leg. I suspect she has torn her meniscus. Of course, the vet is closed and it's the weekend. I happen to be visiting my parents right now, where the ortho vet is. I start my new job on Monday. There is no ortho vet where I live (3 hours away). I have no idea what my schedule is going to be once I start work.

If my dog has what I suspect, it requires surgery...again. I was just getting ahead in terms of feeling good and thinking things were starting to turn around. I know this doesn't compare to what many people are going through, but I thought I could have a little whine.

I have to work and I can't let me dog be in pain. Last time this happened, I was working and could not care for her physically due to the nature of my job. seems like I am once again in that position. If this had of happened even 2 weeks ago, I'd have been able to care for her rehabilitation.

Now I have to leave her, with my parents, again. I'm dreading the vet bill. I don't want to leave her - I don't have a choice.

Thanks for letting me whine.
CF