Old 04-25-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ladyingreen

Hello, Newbie here and ready to admit I need help/

Hi all, I'm new here. I don't think I'm an alcoholic, but I certainly do have a problem with alcohol and binge drinking. I can go with drink for a few weeks, but when I do drink I can't stop. I blackout and can't remember what I said or did. My husband says I alternate between being loving and then just turning into a snarling, nasty person.

Last month I went to see a concert with a friend, we went to the pub for an hour first, I am ashamed to admit I cannot remember the concert because I poured so much alcohol down my throat. Apparently I went for a wee behind some bushes in the carpark at the end and fell over and couldn't get up. Paramedics helped me up and I didn't know anything about it until my friend texted me and told me the next day.

On Thursday I fancied a drink after work, so I bought a litre bottle of JD, I drank nearly 3 quarters of it on my own. I spent all of Friday alternating between the bathroom and bed. My chest hurt and it scared me. Enough is enough. All my adult life this has been the same pattern, don't drink for a while then I go mad. I can't cope with the shame, the hangovers or guilt anymore.