View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

Life is funny sometimes. As I have stated before and most people in my life know, I do not date at this time. Only here at SR is where I discuss it from a sobriety standpoint.

Dating is a HUGE trigger for me. Ginormous. So I avoid it. It's what is best for me and a decision I am content with.

I've been asked out 3 times this week.

Ha ha, nice curve ball. I just knocked it right back out of the park.

I also realize that while I am overall content with not dating, there will come times when the idea of a date will seem appealing. This cannot happen, not at this point. So, what I'm debating with myself this morning is whether to have a specific place in my plan to deal with dating or just continue to follow the plan in relation to urges. After all, dating is a trigger that could result in the same result: an urge to drink. Not always and forever. But for now.

Ehh, I need to stop making this difficult. I recognize it as a trigger. If I'm asked out and it causes me to have an urge to drink, Ill follow my plan in relation to urges.

I really need to stop complicating thing.

But overall, today is going to be good. I'm spring cleaning and doing a big food prep for the week. I'm going for a run or if still rainy, I may do some strength training. My best friend and his wife may come over to visit. They are great and my go-to face to face people when things are rough and/or I am struggling with drinking. Neither are addicts but I trust them with my life. They have been my best friends for over a decade and sometimes it's nice to have someone to call and say 'This sucks" and they don't judge but let me talk.

Anyway, it's going to be a good day.