View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
nymets86

Cohiba,
I think I've gotten used to the new site. 95% of the time I'm accessing it from my phone, so not sure it matters too much.

Similar to you having the boxing event next weekend, I have a birthday party to go to tonight that I'm just nervous about. I've fully game planned and have an exit strategy, a plan to just not go if I'm feeling like I will drink (told my friend that I had a ton of homework this weekend already and will text him later saying I cannot make it, but would love to grab lunch tomorrow to celebrate instead), and plans for just drinking water/soda if I do go.

This whole staying sober thing takes a lot of effort and planning. I do feel as though it's worth it, however, as it's now been well over two months since I woke up with horrific anxiety over what I might have said or done the previous night. I did make a stupid decision to drink this last Wednesday when I was presented with an unexpected situation (rain delay at a baseball game where a bar in the stadium was the only place to stay dry), but I didn't go overboard that night and sort of feel like I dodged a bullet.

I know that if I drink tonight, I won't have the luxury of the stadium stopping beer sales in the 7th inning to fall back on, and I'll likely overdo it. I cannot put myself in that situation again since I never want to wake up from a blackout ever again, so I need to make the smart decision and not even have a single drink.

Stay strong next weekend! And I hope you are enjoying this weekend too!