View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Justincredible

haennie,

I had a complete delayed emotional response with the news from my ex. I was totally cool with it then slowly as the day went on I became irritated, got the craving, got through it, and it is slowly getting better. Actually today so far is pretty good. I also am pretty collected when it comes to intense emotions, at least I appear that way. Jealousy is one thing I thought I had a real handle on, and to admit it even in text in regards to this situation was actually difficult for me! I am usually very aware of possible jealousy in me and never allow myself to indulge in it. But I guess its another feeling that I have to allow to process and pass.

Instead of "waking up" one day in a relationship I am not really into, I would rather experience it during therapy. I am looking forward to my upcoming appt that I have with a dedicated therapist. I am going to take this energy into it, and really go in with the aim of self discovery and self growth. I think of it as an investment that could be really interesting and informative.

After reading, talking, and digesting this great advice I feel almost back at a baseline to where I was before. Moving along in a good way through sobriety. Almost. Still work to do, but I really thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your advice is valuable beyond measure, really. I will be the first to by your book when it comes out