View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

This is a note to my AV.

I just want you to know, I hear you. Loud and clear. I hear you telling me just one drink and I'll feel better. Honestly, it's hard to ignore.

The issue is, that approach is short lived, and afterwards I have to deal with even MORE anxiety and depression. I see it as having two choices: drink all the time, or don't drink at all.

I've tried the first option already. Now, if I were on a secluded island, maybe that would be the way to go. But that's not the case. There's people who love me that I end up lying to and hurting, there's a job I need keep, and there's a life I need to experience. Not hide from. This is my only chance at it. I've gotta make the most of it, not destroy it.

The second option is wiser. Sure, I'll have to out up with your poor attitude, but I know eventually you'll see the light. Trust me. This will work. I know because I've lived it. The best parts of my life weren't spent chasing a buzz. The worst parts of my life involved drugs and alcohol.

I'm more educated and experienced than you are. So you can just take a break and see what happens. Ok? It's hard dealing with a child like attitude. I get where you are coming from. I was a child too once.

There's no drinking for today. That's all I'm saying for now. I've got too many things I need my mind to stay focused on. You have to admit...you owe me that. Go ahead and keep on pushing if that's what you want. It'll only confirm my opinion of your immaturity.

Suck it. Cause today, I'M IN CONTROL. Not you.