View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Calicofish
Catch and Release

Sorry to read about your drinking last night NYmets. Have you ever heard of the method Rational Recovery? If not, perhaps doing the crash course on the website might help you. You can google it for the course, also if you go to the secular forum here, you can read about Fresh Start's posts on AVRT (addictive voice recognition techniques).

Torn -I have an app installed on my phone (Stepwalk) that measures my steps, graphs them and calculates calories burned. I also use my Nintendo Wii for exercise and it has a "personal trainer". My little icon or Mii is a tubby thing and when I step onto the balance board it will tell me "you are overweight". But, it also encourages me to keep trying. I think I might have a lost a few pounds, but nothing much. I'm trying not to dwell on that and just keep chugging along and making little changes day to day.

I had a date last night. I can't even remember the last time I had a date. Fortunately, this man doesn't drink so there was no worries about that. It was a pleasant evening, complete with him bringing me chocolates and flowers. I was anxious and I am not sure how I want to proceed. It's been over 30 years and I feel more awkward than when I was a teenager.

Coming up to 2 months sober.