Thread: relapse again
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
tomsteve

It wasn't the letter that got him drunk.
It could have been expectations- that going to rehab and making changes was gonna make everyone in his life forgive him.
But even that would be an excuse.
It seems to me it had more to do with using alcohol for a long time as a solution for situations like this and instead of looking for a solution elsewhere he said ,"f-it."

When I got sober, I had hope some day poeple would be able to forgive me for my actions, but no expectations. Why would anyone forgive me for what I did and how I was? How was 3,6,9 months without a drink going to show that I was not who I was?
It wasn't.
That required action and T.I.M.E.

I highly suggest not joining in the pity party he will probably be having. He may be kikin himself in the arse, but PLEASE don't baby him. Its what i wanted. Joinjng in the pity party, making excuses for my behavior, and giving me sympathy were things that helped me keep " them" hostage.
Don't fall for the ," it won't happen again" crap. I think I only said that about 5396 times and ," I'm sorry" 298643 times. And " I promise..." once or twice......a week or so.
And I kept repeating the actions. Kept it up as when " they" just forgave me it was ," PHEW!!!! Glad I got through that!!! "