View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
wackybunny
hopping for freedom

Originally Posted by racingthoughts View Post
I'll smoke sometime in the mid afternoon, lie down in a semi-coma for a few hours, sober up, do work or whatever, smoke again, more coma, then pass out vowing that I'll start doing something about my problem tomorrow.
Years and years and years of this. Goodness knows how I managed to get anything done. What a frustrating loop. I'm glad to be rid of it.

Happy, I did the West Coast Trail back when I was 21. It was awesome but being stoned the whole time was foolish. Certain parts were knee knocking scary and made worse being in a stoned haze.

The 75km trail... "requires you to ascend and descend 36 different ladder systems, with the longest ladder being over 200 rungs, cross over 100 bridges, some suspended 200 ft. over jagged rocks and rivers rushing to the ocean. There are also cable cars, log bridges... surge channels, impassable headlands, bogs... bears, cougars..."

Funnily enough, one of the regrets that comes to mind (about wasted opportunities) is doing things like that stoned. I could have enjoyed myself so much more.