Thread: Irritated.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

I like leninas advice.

when i sobered up the anxiety was really severe I felt like electricity was runing down my neck and out my limbs. I'd walk around with gritted teeth and clenched fists not because iw as enraged but because the anxiet was killer. I felt like I stood on the edge of a cliff loosing my balance and about to fall 24/7

breatheing exercises? HA meditation? HA walks? HA NOTHING friggen worked. I climbed the dang friggen walls. months and months and months of this.

BUT I kept trying stuff. a cup of tea this supplement that supplement.

In the end what did I learn? What lenina said. 5htp was a godsend for me at the time. who know my depression was making my anxiety worse? who new i was depressed at all?

I also had to quit smoking quit the caffine started eating healthy and walking daily and when the anxiety was still bad I walked again and again and again if i had too.

I made tea at night the ritual of making it seemed to relax me.

Kava seemed to help, Theanine seemed to help. But most of all taking acting by reading about all of this and trying new things and sticking with it and keeping on pushing forward was what helped the most. It passed the time and helped keep me distracted and focused on something other then the anxiety.

Now at almost 4 years sober I still have anxiety but its no where near as bad. and I have a little toolbox of things that helps me from various things i've read to various foods i know i could eat to exercise to taking a 5htp on a bad day before it ends up getting any worse.