Notices

Irritated.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Irritated.

Hi all. I have no desire to drink. However I am getting off xanax. Maybe that's why I am so anxious. I did not sleep at all last night, not til this morning and only for a few hours. I forced myself out for a walk and will probably again, it did not help. Nothing helps. I was like this before I ever took a pill or a drink, sorry to repeat myself but I feel I need human contact today and BF works and naps all day. My friends are all drinkers so I limit my contact. It feels terrible.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Coming of any meds can be a trial Sleepie. Be gentle with yourself - maybe this is not so much 'you' as it is the withdrawal process?

D
Old 04-20-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sleepie, I hope you're getting off the Xanax with medical support and direction. It can be tricky. Can you do breathing exercises? Sounds silly, I know but when I'm anxious I tend to hold my breath. Try this. Breathe in through your nose slowly to the count of four. Hold for the slow count of five. Blow out slowly through the mouth slowly to the slow count of eight. This helps me take the edge of the worst of it.

Avoid caffeine. Try to stay focused on soothing things. Have you listened to the "pink noise" ? You can find it on you tube.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-20-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'll try Lenina thank you
I am caught in a situation with this because I started taking it for hangovers, which I was too dumb to know were withdrawals. Or maybe became withdrawals. I then became dependent. Although I did used to be prescribed it for anxiety and tics because wellbutrin was aggravating my tic disorder. Nobody in this city, I have called around and around, trust me- will wean someone off this stuff. Because they think you are just looking to get more. I understand that so I am doing it myself. I have been really close to being off of it this past year but I always ended up drinking and then I'd take it again. I was even done with it last year but some dramatic things happened, I drank. The whole thing sickens me to think about I already know I am an idiot for taking it, for drinking etc. I know it isn't easy I just needed to talk to someone today thanks guys.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((Sleepie)))) see if you can take some extra Vitamin D and B 12. Ask your doctor about 5-HtP. It's over the counter and in the health food stores. It's like tryptophan.

I had a bad experience with Xanax in 1985. Mycardiologist prescribed it for a minor heart thing I have. The lowest dose once before bed. It never made me sleepy but did stop my heart pounding. Two week later I noticed a creeping anxiety in the early afternoons, I didn't connect the two, but I guess he did and had me quit it right off. He switched me to a beta blocker for my heart and it works fine.

Take care of yourself.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-20-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Actually I tarted vitamin D today, BF just happened to have it so I thought why not? Lately I have been supplementing with a B complex too. I was hoping it might help to have exercise too- I go back to work tomorrow and I've been biking.

I hope I get free of it all and get energy and strength back.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

I like leninas advice.

when i sobered up the anxiety was really severe I felt like electricity was runing down my neck and out my limbs. I'd walk around with gritted teeth and clenched fists not because iw as enraged but because the anxiet was killer. I felt like I stood on the edge of a cliff loosing my balance and about to fall 24/7

breatheing exercises? HA meditation? HA walks? HA NOTHING friggen worked. I climbed the dang friggen walls. months and months and months of this.

BUT I kept trying stuff. a cup of tea this supplement that supplement.

In the end what did I learn? What lenina said. 5htp was a godsend for me at the time. who know my depression was making my anxiety worse? who new i was depressed at all?

I also had to quit smoking quit the caffine started eating healthy and walking daily and when the anxiety was still bad I walked again and again and again if i had too.

I made tea at night the ritual of making it seemed to relax me.

Kava seemed to help, Theanine seemed to help. But most of all taking acting by reading about all of this and trying new things and sticking with it and keeping on pushing forward was what helped the most. It passed the time and helped keep me distracted and focused on something other then the anxiety.

Now at almost 4 years sober I still have anxiety but its no where near as bad. and I have a little toolbox of things that helps me from various things i've read to various foods i know i could eat to exercise to taking a 5htp on a bad day before it ends up getting any worse.