View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
happycampers

Great posts, WB and Dee - really terrific comments. Love your break-up analogy, WB. Even though I've told myself I need to quit for at least a full year before reassessing, I really can't imagine WANTING to go back ! Like you said WB, once you know there's NO going back to the warm and fuzzy relationship you once had, it's time to accept that it's over and move on with Life. Now , it's time to see what new things come in to fill your Life - to me, that's exciting ! I just watched the movie Wild the other day and now I'm inspired to hike the West Coast Trail and other great trails. New thoughts and ideas come in, as long as you recognize and accept that the past way of living is OVER! Time for newness, for the freshness of the unknown. Going back just seems old, boring and well, quite mean to oneself. After a very short while back, it's a crappy life again-why go back when you know from your own experience that this time isn't going to be any different. Life is calling you to Move On !
I really hope you join us soon again, RT, before the fake excuses appear too real and you become stuck again. We care.