View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
MIRecovery
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by paintballguy View Post
Ill get over it i just feel like ive been tricked and wasted my time thats why im so angry. It is like people say one thing out loud and they say work the program but until you read the book you dont really know what the program is. "half measures do nothing" it says and the whole program is based on giving yourself to god

After i calm down i will probably be able to hit an aa meeting and just switch on the filter. This is the first time ive been upset since going sober almost 2 weeks ago that may be part of the reason for all this anger. Probably didnt help to have my friend riding my ass about not missing a meeting and my temporary sponsor pushing me to do the 90 in 90 and to find out how faith based it was after i was run off my feet dragging myself to meetings even when i did 8 hours of recovery already that day in my outpatient program. They both dismissed my daytox program as secondary and said the aa was what i should focus on.

Thank you all for talking to me. I may seem irrationally angry but this really does help.
AA is based on a higher power of your own understanding. You may wish to reread the chapter to the Agnostic. The term God has nothing to do with any religion