View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
nymets86

torn, yes, I'm into sports year-round. Baseball is my favorite sport, followed very closely by College Basketball. After that, I also really like Hockey and College Football. I don't have a fovorite NFL team, but love watching football. I'll watch the NBA to see my favorite college players on the court, and will also watch the playoffs. I'll watch golf and tennis too. Basically, I'm a sports junkie and outside of my love of travel, sports is my favorite "hobby."

Your hiking trip sounds great. I'm slow, but love hiking. Done a lot of the tallest peaks in the northeast US.

Odd curveball the teacher threw, but I think you have the right mindset. I'm in school too and bad about procrastinating (oddly worse since I've been sober), and bumping up a deadline would help me get my act together.

Overall, I'm happy to say I made it through this weekend totally sober. Went to two big sporting events, with people drinking that I was with (all in moderation) and nobody commented that I wasn't drinking. I did feel very lonely in the times I was at home this weekend, but I got through it and that's all that matters.

This upcoming Saturday will be a real challenge as I have a friend's bday I really don't want to miss. It's just going to be very tempting to drink and I'll need a great sober plan. I'd just skip it, but I have another friend from out of town visiting just for this party and I really want to see everyone at this party. There will certainly be alcohol, but all but one of my friends going I always see drinking in moderation. It's usually the two of us that get the drunkest.

I'm planning a combination of saying I'm on a diet and allergy medication and that I'm simply not drinking. If things start going south and I feel I'm going to drink, I'm planning to say my stomach is bugging me and that I need to leave early.