Old 04-18-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Turtle82
Sober Alcoholic

Carmen, I know its easier said than done. I dealt with a close family member for 25 years and only recent go away from. The person has underlying disorders I could not comprehend (I mean we're no professionals and if we haven't dealt with it in another we really don't know) surpassing alcoholism/drug addiction that caused me to be hooked for years because I was treated alternately in "loving" ways and then abusively and I depended on them to help me get through caring for an ailing spouse. Actually, part of the reason in my case was also my own sobriety that did a number on my head causing me to take the abuse.... long story I won't go into) But I'm trying to say that I really, really, do understand. But.... You simply must go no-contact. As for "all alone"... I get that too. If you're isolating, which that kind of crazy-making behavior can cause you to do by stripping you of self-confidence, force yourself to get out to some Al-Anon meetings where you can meet people. You really do need other people in your life right now and you're the only one who can do something about that. Block his number and go to meetings.