View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wasted17

Adderal and alcohol

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I've been reading and absorbing a lot. My husband and I have been married for over 15 years and have 3 children.

He has been a heavy drinker since day 1 but mostly on weekends or nights out. A few years ago he went through a depression period and after seeing a doctor was prescribed adderal for ADD. As you know drinking is not recommended while taking adderal. For the first year or two he did not drink but slowly thAt changed and so has his behavior. He has withdrawn from our family and friends and is very much in his own world. He is unwilling to stop drinking since drinking makes him "happy".

Recenly his drinking has increased. He is going to "lunch" during work, having a few beers then coming home having a few more all while taking his adderal. He's also meeting friends after work to drink but telling me he's at "work" so that I wont "freak out". I feel like I'm on a roller coaster, up and down, up and down.

My question is- will mixing adderal and alcohol change a persons behavior? Can a person become addicted to a drug that is prescribed by a doctor or does the problem lie with the alcohol? I'm so confused!