Old 04-18-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
carmen303

Is this the characteristic of a dry drunk?

Yes. We are still talking. We laugh, talk like best friends, give each other moral support, but I never see him anymore, as you may know from my previous post. We still talk because I am completely alone and he claims to love me "so much" he always says. He always calls, everyday.

For awhile, I'll fantasize in my mind that all is okay, that we can pull this together and make something together...and that belief keeps me going for awhile, but the truth is, I'm stuck.

I have never figured it out, but I think he might be bipolar. Since, most of my relation with him, he has been under the influence (although he is not "drunk" until evening) so he always "seems" sober. thing is, he is sweet, kind, caring, thoughtful, nice and "loves me so much" as long as alcohol is in his system.

He knows that I want him to stop. So, I notice when he holds off and drinks less or not at all, he is not a nice person at all...he's different.

He says rude things, talks down to me, tells me I'm a spoiled princess (I guess he concluded that because I became tired of driving him around, refuse to give him money and I stopped visiting him). I try to tell him that he's being mean and he gets angry at me and says I'm oversensitive. so, sometimes, I almost start to doubt myself and think it's in my mind.

So, I look at myself....yes, I am sensitive, I take anti-depressants and I have PMS, so, it's easy to get me doubt myself and think I'm oversensitive. So, since I am a bit sensitive, a bipolarish alcoholic is hard on me. I'm not tough enough. when his personality changes, he's not the kind man I thought I knew. Most days, I get off the phone with him, smiling; last night, I cried myself to sleep.

Is it possible, since I don't know IF he's bipolar... all I know is that his personality can change drastically. Is this the characteristic of the "dry drunk"? When he last spoke to me this way (last night), he claimed that he hadn't had anything to drink.