Old 04-17-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

When my first husband and I got married, he had been sober for a year. A few months after we got married we moved across the country so I could go to law school. He had to find a new job and support us, and he was uprooted from his AA peeps as well (he went to meetings the second we hit NJ, though).

Now that I'm six years sober, myself, I NEVER would have asked him to risk his sobriety that way. BUT he did all the right things and is still sober 34 years later. AND he DID have that first year under his belt.

My own suggestion is that if you can stand to wait a few more months, you will be on much more solid ground. It's great that you're doing well at five months, but one thing about freelancing--you can really start any time.

My suggestion is that you use the next few months to do some planning, researching, networking, etc. I'm not sure what kind of freelancing you do, but maybe you want to investigate creating a website so clients can find you, creating a presence on LinkedIn, and those kinds of preparations. This way, when you're ready to take the plunge, you'll be all set to hit the ground running.