Old 04-16-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I, too, am my own higher power.

Oh, and don't misunderstand...the forces of the universe are way bigger than I, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm not saying greater forces don't exist, I'm saying they don't exist to keep me from drinking, or to fix my brokenness.

When it comes to not putting alcohol and/or drugs into my body- I am my own higher power. I am responsible for my actions. Always.

When it comes to making choices to live the best life I can in all aspects, I am responsible for each and every choice I make. I own my accomplishments, and I own my mistakes and failures.

Obviously, there are many powers greater than I, but I don't believe those forces have anything at all to do with my personal choices. Those are on me. And the whole doorknob thing...Why would I expect that a doorknob would somehow come into play regarding whether I would decide to drink, lie, or cheat? Or that said doorknob would relieve me of my compulsion to do things I did not want to do? Yeah, no. This makes no sense to me.

When Christians get preachy with me, I don't take offense. I understand that their fear for me is real in their minds, so the preaching is coming from a place of goodwill. Regardless of how misguided I think it is, I can't argue with the intent. AA Preachy often comes with good intent as well.

Some people are just preachy and weird, though, and that's all there is to it.