View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
thotful

If a person doesn't lift your spirit up, or feel like someone that's really in your corner cheering you on, or saying, "awww" when you're feeling down (ya know, like a cheering section of fans for a sports team), why would you want them around?

Instead of asking a person why they estrange themselves from their "FAAMILY", I would like to ask, "why not?". For me, what exactly has my two siblings brought into my life? My wife and I have struggled in having a child for over almost 5 years - what to say? NOTHING. I have gotten sober and struggle. What to say? NOTHING. The only thing they have to offer...approval. That's it. Approval. How do I get it? bow down to their rules, trash my wife and leave her behind, and accept their beliefs about my life and probably...shut the hell up. What do I get in return? more of the same spiritually destructive abuse. Sorry, but no thanks. If a little child was being attacked by a tiger, why would you stop for even a second to get them out of there? THat's how I see the situation. My little inner child is being attacked directly and I AM THE ONLY ONE who can step in and say, "that's enough." this mauling is over. I'm walking away.