View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RedDog735

Hi and welcome!! If you are looking for one of us to tell you that your wife is an alcoholic- we cannot answer this. The signs seem familiar in the earlier stages and I'd like to say that there is a way to prevent alcoholism to happen.

You will learn a lot here, and I assure this because I was in your shoes just some time ago. I was trying to cling on to my alcoholic ex and prevent him from drinking. What you find over time is that it IS EXHAUSTING. I see that you say that you are tired already.

Try this for tired- I spent all of our days, planning weeks and weeks ahead on paper, what we would do for the day and evenings and revolved them around ANYTHING BUT alcohol. This is not healthy. Eventually you two may find yourself coming up with creative ways to help/control/cure/save..(insert adjective here) to prevent her from drinking.

Hugs, sfs..big hugs. I am so sorry to hear this. YOU didn't cause this and you can't control it either. Stick around like redatlanta said. Read, read, read all of the stickies too at the top of the Friends and Family forum page. You will gain some valuable knowledge on the illness of alcoholism itself.

But don't forget to find ways to take care of yourself also.