View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Well, the choice doesn't have to be between hammered Cohiba and Boring Cohiba. The real Cohiba is what you will find if you give yourself a chance to explore that without interference of drugs and alcohol. It will take some time, but you will get to the place where you know who you are and you are comfortable being you. Now that is what makes a person interesting, not drunken anecdotes. If it is thrills you seek, that can most certainly be done sober, and be done better I might add. Find your confidence. You've been looking in the wrong place (hint: it's not at the bottom of a bottle).

The first time I quit, I was your age. I went through my 20's into my early 30's completely drug and alcohol free. I had no problem having a good time. I had no problem dating...because I made up my mind to do so. I redefined myself because honestly I was tired of being the blacked out chick, the easy lay, the hardcore partier. I found out I could still be the life of the party and be clean and sober. I could also be introverted and enjoy time doing less-than-crazy things. When you are no longer a slave to the substances you can do whatever you want to.