Old 04-14-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scared1234

I simply cannot picture my life without Alcohol

I fight and I fight and I fight but no matter what happens throughout my day, I know deep down inside I can't live without Alcohol. To be honest, when I drink now, its not even fun. I dont enjoy its company. I dont enjoy my time with it. I don't get that euphoria I used to.

Funny thing though...I once broke up with a woman I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. We broke up because it wasnt fun anymore, We didnt enjoy our time together, I didn't have that euphoria anymore. We weren't a good fit and it would have ended in tragedy at some point. We loved what happened in the bedroom; however, we were both only having sex for the release of endorphins and good feelings.

When we broke up, I CONSTANTLY thought about how I couldn't last another day without her, even though logically I knew it was 100% the wrong decision if I got back together with her. She lived 5 minutes away and it killed me knowing she was right there and I could have her in a heartbeat. I stayed away from her and fought through the pain and stress. I won this battle.

Mentally, there is no difference between Alcohol Abuse and a Failing relationship.

I somehow was able to move on from that woman...I still have days where I think I can't live without her...Its been years since I've seen her but I know I did the right thing. The helpless thoughts about this particular ex faded with time.

I just wish I could stay away from alcohol the same way I stayed away from a bad ex...because in my eyes, they felt equally as hard to abstain from on day 1...only difference is, I'm 5 years sober from this ex and 1 day sober from alcohol...

Thanks for reading