View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
CarmenLove

Originally Posted by AddictGuy View Post
there are always going to be things that just can't be explained naturally and I think our "guts" can do some great work. there was this friend of mine who was trying to kill me by getting me to ride way over my level as a new motorcycle rider, and i had been warned about him. but he was my "buddy". but after this one crazy ride that I made it home from there was something deep inside of me, and I mean way down deep that just knew that something wasn't right, and it would simply not leave me alone. It finally came to the surface in my mind, I was able to push aside all of this, but he is my buddy stuff, and by golly, everything pointed to him trying to hurt me. I confronted him about it and he was trying to laugh it off but you could see it in his face and in his tone: he knew exactly what I was talking about. but as far as depending on my gut, or this sixth sense kind of thing, I have come to believe, at best, you can't really count on it. sometimes it will tell you this one little thing, but then why didn't it tell you about this other big thing. stuff like that. but yeah, your gut can "feel" things sometimes that your conscious mind can't just pick up on as well. I just shy away from the supernatural aspect of it. oh well.

Just don't go looking for answers in the clouds, or thinking you can pick up on the future. i think it is much healthier to just stay here in the real world, all in all.
I think maybe it tells us as much as we are ready / able to hear.

There is this bit in the book "Eat, Pray, Love' where the Balian medicine man gives her the drawing and it talks about 'seeing' through your heart but keeping your feet firmly on the ground, as though you have 4 legs. I like that.