Thread: Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Originally Posted by Txhelp View Post
It's VERY difficult to back off from heroin. I have never know anyone to taper off??

I wish you the best...hope you spend time protecting yourself and finding a way to continue support and education regarding drug use/enabling etc.

This has to be the most difficult thing....
You can't. I tried for 6 months before surrendering to a professional detox. AH has never been able to do it at home. He has done it 3 times. Twice in rehab and once in jail. I've never seen it either. The substance abuse boards are overflowing with addicts trying to taper and getting stuck in the cycle. Suboxone is "almost clean" it's like having a medical card or a prescription, legal... yes. Clean? Well... That's a matter of opinion.

I would also suggest an attorney right away. my AH is serving 30 months for only less than 1 gram. You may have to prove you were not involved in anyway, and that you had no knowledge of what he was doing. The charges they could bring are astronomically devastating. Please take this seriously. He has put you in very real danger. I'm sorry I sound so negative. I just hope you are aware.