View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Para

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, Scared.

I don't mean to rain on your progress of slowing down and cutting days, but based in my experience it's a road to nowhere. Nowhere in sobriety.

I used to to this. Even was abstinent for 90 days to prove myself I could go without alcohol. But once I decided I was ok, my old patterns returned in no time.

If you can't drink in moderation and looking forward to having your "I deserve this day of drinking" reward, it won't set you free from addiction.

Why do you think quitting for good was a failure? What did you miss in your previous attempt? Was it that word "NEVER" that scared you a lot? If so, you are so not alone in this. And, believe, there's nothing to be afraid of.

And, yes, the best day to do this is today. No kidding.

Best wishes to you.
Midnight - I can so relate. I have stopped in the past and been abstinent. But once I think i'm ok, and go back to the drink, it's like I was never abstinent.
This disease is doing push-ups even while you're not drinking, so even if you don't drink, and then start, it's going to take you right where you left off but worse. It has been a very hard lesson for me to learn.