Old 04-11-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoulLight

Seeing others in my family seeking to numb their pain

Hello! It has been a very long time since I have posted not sure why it has been so long. I did make a decision awhile ago to disconnect from my AB who also has a severe gambling addiction (severe? are there levels of any type of addiction or would say addiction is just addiction? - Oh and the B of AB refers to brother one of the last times I posted the B was taken as boyfriend and that led to some confusion for those that read that particular post)

Anyway there has been lots happening within the family and most of it difficult and sad and none of which has anything to do with the AB though you would think that all that has happened within the family is ONLY happening to him.

It was because of all the difficult happenings within the family that by request of another family member I resumed communication with the AB. That did not last long and I have once again because of his behavior told him I am not willing to listen to his victim speak blaming everyone and everything else for why he has the problems and addictions he has.

Right now though the AB isn't the one I am wondering about, you see since all this family turmoil hit the proverbial fan and splattered everywhere about 3 years ago the past year seems to have been the most difficult and I have been seeing some scary behavior of how my other siblings are managing their feelings and emotions. On the one hand they seem to be doing some healthy things and then on the other wine and antidepressants, sometimes on their own other times in combination with each other, is their therapy of choice.

It's worriesome and it has been brought to the surface and openly discussed and though it isn't happening everyday it is still happening and everyday I whisper to the divine that they not follow that same path as the AB.

I realize there isn't a big question in my post and that I am mostly just sharing so whatever like-experiences anyone may have out there that they could share about this I would be most appreciative.