View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
gaffo

Hi RT,
In my life, I am constantly very close to weed, I could be stoned like Bob Marley at a Peter Tosh concert within 45 seconds at any given moment. It's weird but I think that this proximity has made me more resolute in my determination to stay sober. The irony is thick, I spent so much of my life chasing weed to spend the last of my money. I bought a fake bag one time and we were so pissed that we smoked it anyway. Of course it didn't work. Now that I could have the best weed on the planet I won't touch it. I also quit alcohol and cigs before I quit weed and I use that experience to keep me on the path. I know that the longer I abstain the easier it will get. That's what I keep telling myself, anyways.

I think it's good that you'll be seeing Mary Jane (Ha!) and I hope that you can make yourself as resolute as possible. Then it sounds like you need to keep at least the length of a craving away from pot. If you can beat a craving in fifteen minutes then keep weed fifteen minutes away from yourself if possible. I can currently beat a craving back in 40 seconds so 45 seconds to bong thirty is acceptable. When I first quit I told my friends and destroyed my paraphernalia. When I broke my bong it was a dramatic event, actually. I am now strong enough that people can smoke around me but, it's funny, they usually don't.

Good luck, RT. Don't even think about the six months thing. Be here now, enjoy the moment. It will get easier over time...