View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Iconoclastic

Originally Posted by 987g View Post
This might sound silly and somewhat off topic but do you believe (or should I say TRUST) your intuition? I'm not talking about having psychic powers and what not. I'm talking about that gut feeling. I have learned to trust mine because it's always right, especially when it comes to the RA in my life.

There have been several times when I just felt like something was "wrong." Not too long ago I had this thought that something was wrong and sure enough, someone I knew had passed away. Also I went to a job interview and immediately felt like I shouldn't have been there. It's not all bad though. Just last week, I really wanted to get mad at the RA in my life because I just figured he was pulling the same ole disappearing act but yet part of my kept thinkin that no, I needed to give him a chance and sure enough it was all a misunderstanding. The list could go on. I think it might have to do with the fact that I'm finally recovering and listening to myself instead of making myself sick with what ifs, maybes, and should have. Any else know what I'm talking about?
Re: MY intuition and MY interaction with others. I’ve learned more when I’ve had a perceptual change, in that, I’m not necessarily wrong, it’s just that my perceptual change has added shades of gray that I was not aware of.

I also need to avoid absolutes i.e. “always” being right on gut level or what is called intuitiveness. Sometimes I confused my intuition with a rationalization for being right, which to this day is a control issue I battle.

I have slowly learned to pick my battles in an order of priority of importance. I am now more prone to ask myself, “Would you rather be right, or comfortable?”