View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Should I engage on this?

So, my son told me today that his dad said some things to him that I'm not too pleased about. Son spent last Sunday night overnight with his dad. It was the first and only sleep over since I moved out 2 months ago. I felt that I had to push my XAH to follow the parenting plan but I really wanted to make sure we at least tried to follow the plan.

Anyway, XAH told son, "I feel that your mother is pawning you off on me...." He also kept saying, "You don't have to stay here if you don't want. I can take you home if that's what you want, etc etc"

So, I'm concerned for my son. What message does this send to him. It took him 10 days to tell me about it. Should I engage XAH about this? Probably not even worth it. Son is spending Thursday and Sunday nights coming up with his dad now. I feel guilty that I left him with XAH at all, but I want to make sure we follow the parenting plan and I also want them to maybe have a shot a a relationship of some sort.

Maybe I'm setting my sights too high. My heart hurts for my son and now I'm considering getting him into counseling. I can't imagine how that felt to hear that and I tried to tell son that we are just following the parenting plan and that I wasn't trying to 'get rid of him'.

What are your thoughts, you guys? This is all uncharted territory for me.