View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 01:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
herewegoagain

Originally Posted by walkingtheline
First of all, welcome!

One of the biggest lessons we learn through Al-anon is to mean what we say, say what we mean and not say it in a mean way. If it's important to you that your child be with your hub on fridays and not in day care you must make that clear.

Feel free to post questions. This place is filled with wisdom, most here have "been there, done that" in one way or another and you can learn from their experiences and we can often tell you what didn't work for us as well!

I hope you'll feel comfortable here...put your feet up and read, read, read! And feel free to ask, to participate, to vent, whatever! We share a common bond and most of us can honestly say, "I understand."
Thank you so much...I think I'm really going to like it here. I've been reading lots of threads, getting re-acquainted with the al-anon mode of thinking...I know I'm preaching to the choir about this...but it's just so hard because I truly love this man, and I know he loves me. He's not mean or abusive in any way....it's just more often than not I'm left feeling as though lodge/drinking is MUCH more important to him than me and our son - though he would adamantly deny that. Letting it go, not getting mad, and not laying awake worrying about him is going to be really, really hard - but something I'm already starting to work on.