Thread: Cooooooooooow
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
lycanlaz

Knowing that you are unable to look after a child is an incredibly responsible statement and decision and not something that should be thrown at someone in addiction. As addicts, surely we all know what its like when someone throws expectations at us when we aren't in the right place to hear it? It only precipitates feelings of guilt.... Which is the last thing we need. Don't know you cow but I'm using right now and when we're in that, or at least when I'm in that, patience from other people is a rare and valuable commodity. In that place, pressure, at least for me, only highlights my lack of control and makes me feel like absolute shite. I'm with you. I also have a son and a daughter who I absolutely know should not be with or around me while I am using. Children need stability...you can offer understanding but I remember being ****** up and fifteen and I know being around using addicts only accelerated my own addictions and I was slamming base phet at that age because of the company.