Notices

Cooooooooooow

Old 04-05-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Cooooooooooow

Where are you? We both been gone a few days. Time to pop your horns up.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

She'll be back, she promised. She's just fixing her little cabbage and going to PHX.

I did notice the bright full moon last night. I thought I'd left a light on outside, but when I checked, it was the moon. Made me think of you guys and that CAL.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

"her little cabbage" SOB!
Old 04-06-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Trach, you has said in past, very clearly, that you has to disengage with me when I using. And I TOTAL FREAKING SUPPORT THAT, BUDDY! But I make clear in last thread that I struggling again, so I not sure what to do when you does this kind of posts, you see? Please advise.

PS. My tiny cabbages was very well receive. I broil them in butter with little bit of maple syrup. My older brother tell story that huge desert turtle walk past his sidewalk. Size of beach ball. Moving very fast. Was phone number paint on his shell, so he call it. Owner come running from down block, say turtle is master escape artist. Turtle 60 year old and his name is: Larry. Is take two people to carry him back to his yard. Owner say he has dig under fence, chew through fence, and escape out gate. It kind of make me sad. Everybody just want to be free, yes?
Old 04-06-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can see why they wanted to bottle Larry up and keep him for themselves. I wonder what his true home is like?
Old 04-06-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Glimmer, I has to admit, the story of Larry make me cry. Larry is obvious Sonoran desert turtle who want to roam free and copulate. My brother say he was moving very fast, like he running for freedom.

Since I adult, I total oppose to zoo, pets, and sea world type stuff. (Excepting for rescue animals.) I think is outrageous to cage animal for human companionship or entertainments. Is arrogant folly of human. How dare we.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awww, my husband's name was Larry, and I do love turtles! Cow, I agree with you about caged animals. My bird was Larry's, I didn't want to get a bird. But the bird flies happily around the house and chews up the furniture and wallpaper, so he's a happy creature, the little bugger, and he's another heartbeat in my home and I do love him.
Please take care of yourself, thinking of you.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Zoo's make me cry too Cow. And don't even get me started on that Ringling Dingling Brothers Live Animal Cadaver Entrapment crap.

It makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

I can't bear hunting either. Even with the premise of "thinning the herd". I typically go off in all ways when I'm in the room with an avid hunter. I can't even handle fishing. And those videos of CFO animals ? I openly weep.

But for some reason, the absolute worst for me, is when I'm driving down the highway and see one of those animal transport trucks. I usually choke back vomiting.

Ok, that's all.

Happy Monday (?) :/
Old 04-06-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 04-06-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

biminiblue is this seat free? I'll share my Milk Duds if I can have some popcorn.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Cow, glad your sprouts came put nicely. Hope your home now and recovering from the traumatic turtle incident. I would have hated to see that too.

I hope youre feeling better. I'm having some time at home and feeling good about that. take care of you, dear one.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-06-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Is it just me or is the Turtle acting a little cowdependent?
Zoos are very depressing to me too. The last time I went to one (15 years ago in the Bronx) there was that family of Babboons and one of them looked at me and her eyes were so human and so sad. I know it might sound soft but it really broke my heart like we were taking away their dignity.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Trach, you has said in past, very clearly, that you has to disengage with me when I using. And I TOTAL FREAKING SUPPORT THAT, BUDDY! But I make clear in last thread that I struggling again, so I not sure what to do when you does this kind of posts, you see? Please advise.

PS. My tiny cabbages was very well receive. I broil them in butter with little bit of maple syrup. My older brother tell story that huge desert turtle walk past his sidewalk. Size of beach ball. Moving very fast. Was phone number paint on his shell, so he call it. Owner come running from down block, say turtle is master escape artist. Turtle 60 year old and his name is: Larry. Is take two people to carry him back to his yard. Owner say he has dig under fence, chew through fence, and escape out gate. It kind of make me sad. Everybody just want to be free, yes?

I'm hoping that some attention will help you choose to not use.

MMMmmm, tiny cabbages.

Poor Larry. Some people would say Poor Junior. Junior was a rescue. He can't see well enough to live in the wild. I've thought about getting a tortoise to compliment Junior. If I can find one to rescue, I might.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Trach, what helped you to not drink/use? For me, it was an inside job. Support helped, sure. But mostly I had to finally really be ready to quit once and for all. And be ready to use all the tools I had. Maybe you can tell us about how your shift into sobriety happened?

We never know what might help someone relate.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-06-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You really want to know? Sure about that? I'm not joshing now. It ain't pretty.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Trach, none of our stories are pretty. You don't have to give us all the gory details, I just the basic, how it was and what happened.

It could make a difference for someone who reads this. Cow has express interest in hearing our stories, our struggles. I think it's helpful to know we aren't alone.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-06-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Bless you for save Junior.

I sorry, Trach, I not my self. I learn yesterday that my niece try to kill her self. Cuz she come from same f*cked up lineage as me. Total depress nihilist who not able to see future of any promise or enjoyment. If it count, I try really hard, for many year, to get her father to help his girls, but he as dead and depress inside as me, due to our own abusive parenting, and so is no help for them. You think I dark, you should hear this kind of misery come from mouth of innocent 15 year old. Is total heartbreak. Is like seeing you own life repeating. I want to help them. I not can help them. I not even recover from my own childhood or able to help my self yet.

And yes, freaking tell us you story. That is most interesting thing to me. Is WHY this happen. I know why for me. I not know why for everybody else.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Two summers ago, I was unemployed, majorly depressed, and drinking heavily. As in a handle of vodka every other day. During one spell, I found myself varying between chills and fevers, hurting like I had the flu, and with no money or insurance. It wasn't the flu. Shortly, I was sitting on the toilet, passing blood, and begging whatever powers that be that would listen to not let me die like this. I truly did not know if I was going to survive this episode.

I stopped drinking, stayed in bed for two days, and finally began to heal. I came out of sickness and straight into withdrawal. I drank enough to not go into seizures but really limited myself.

That's what the last two years were like. Not enough booze to kill me, not enough abstinence to kill me. I was on a long term taper until last year when I came back here. I was finally able to put it down with my doctor's help. My recent weekend binge was an aberration caused by inattentiveness on my part to my meds.

And that's the story.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mwah, Cow.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Good for you, Trach. You got this.

Is fascinating to me, how we find our self where we are. I applaud you for overcome you circumstance. I know why I am where I am, and I know why for my young niece. But, what is to be done? At Easter dinner they actual suggest she come to live with me! Cuz I was put on my functional, funny, astute show. And I pick up on her depression and get her to talk about it.

But little did they know, I had sneak into pantry (under guise of going to bathroom) and chug cat psss wine out of box. And earlier, I had go into house when everybody outside playing bean bag toss, and chug burnt black coffee out of my pappa thermos. So yeah, I talk a good game, but no, I not able to help her when I not able to help self yet.