View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nullandv01d

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Hi.

I’ve had too much experience drinking so I’ll offer some suggestions newcomers don’t like but has helped millions over the years.

IF we really want to stop drinking it’s strongly suggested that work and changeS are needed to enable sobriety. Then we need to be honest with ourselves about our drinking AND accept the fact we can not drink alcohol in safety. That’s a starter.

Next to make things easier we stay away from drinking establishments and drinking situations. We don’t have alcohol where we live and at this point don’t host gatherings where alcohol is present.

Try doing a lot of reading these posts on this forum.
For too long I said of the above BS I’ll do it my way, well a lot feel the same way and continue their life in a miserable fashion because alcoholism is progressive even if we don’t drink it.
I’m grateful I awoke in time to appreciate a far healthier lifestyle.

BE WELL
You have a point here for sure... I have no issue being sober by myself, at home. But when Friday comes and something inside me screams to go drink, that's a problem. And how sipping one drink turns into doing shots and not remembering the whole night. And how it's simply impossible to stay sober at a bar for me, but not for others maybe.

Some nights I win the moderation game (but just barely) but more often I lose. That itch to have more though... that's a problem.