Old 04-04-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Tetra

Home with my folks and my sister for the weekend. I won't go into too much detail...but these past few weeks I have felt the happiest I have been for a very, very very long time. I have a job and I know they are happy with me, and I am happy there. Dad says it shows in my face. My mom is such a negative person. I cannot let her drag me down now. No one is going to knock me off my perch. Anyway...

I went for two very long walks, also stopped off for my favourite banoffee pie at the local cafe...

There was a very funny piece in today's paper:

"Dating? It's a Piece of Cake!

"Plucking up the courage to chat to men on a night out was something that I struggled with until I descovered how to break the ice with my home-baking...

The most empowering moment of my life so far was the first time I stood in a bar in Los Angeles with a cake in my hands and realised a group of guys wanted to eat it. I'd baked a cherry cake for my best friend's birthday and taken it to a bar to celebrate. I was cutting slices for all our friends when I looked up and noticed that men across the room were staring at me and at my cake. It was a strange, foreign kind of adrenalin rush that I recognised as collective male attention. "Would you guys like some of my cake?" I might as well have asked if they wanted some sex. "You made this?" they asked, their mouths full. "Are you an angel?" With a cake in my hands I could talk to anyone, since it now it seemed like everyone was up for talking to me. I left the bar that night having spoken to more guys that night in an hour than I had in the whole of my undergraduate career"...

She did this for a year and wrote a book on it...I thought it was amusing