View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Latte

A few years ago my Dad ended up in the same kind of position-hospital, detoxing, in a rehab facility. He has Parkinson's so that is another part of the sh*t show.

Today he is sober and scared to death to take another drink. He didn't tell the doctors how much alcohol he had been drinking so he was hallucinating, and can't remember almost an entire month.

Either she will get it or she won't. I suggest AlAnon and talk to the people at the rehab facility. They have seen all kinds of stuff-I bet you they have ideas for support, for her and for you.

I love my drama free life and anyone who threatens my serenity-I bring out my bag of tricks. Today I love myself and I treat myself and others with respect. If people cannot treat me with respect then I build a safe place for myself in the relationship, whatever that means. If I don't take care of me-I'm not good to anyone else.

I love Co Dependant No More by Melonie Beattie (sp?) I have found copies at Good Will for a couple of bucks. I usually just buy them when I see them and give them out as needed.