View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LadyOwl

Thank you, happybeingme and tromboneliness. It was hard to pour all that out to strangers but also felt quite good. I think I'll try an Al-Anon group next.

I swear my mom has a spidey sense. She just called and left me a message (some b.s. about telling my aunt to bring her short-sleeved shirts because it's warmer now). I'd say that her brain is jacked because of the alcohol, but she's always been like that: terrible, angry spew in one call followed by a request for something or general conversation, as if nothing happened.

My sister said yesterday something like, "She must be doing better. I haven't gotten any crazy calls. LOL." I'm like, yeah, let's all laugh about her crazy calls. Verbal abuse is hysterical. My sister has been on the receiving end of very few, while my cousin, aunt, and I have taken so much. It's unreal. And my mom also cut out my cousin and aunt (my aunt for a very long time). We were the ones who wound up rushing to her side during this ordeal. My sister and my other aunt haven't done much. Although now my sister has to do a lot in terms of the discharge, which sent her into a panic. She's just like my mom (blame, anger as a first response). Everything is someone else's fault.

Anyway! I hope I have more time to explore more of the forums soon. Thank you all!