Old 04-03-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Queens Of The Stone Age

Welp Eclipse Fans ~

It's a Showing Of The Big Ole Moon in less than 24 hours. And, no, I don't mean me wandering outside - under-dressed - to get the morning Newspaper! See NA Eclipse Show Times here:

04 April Saturday Morning Lunar Eclipse Times

Yah, I get a chuckle out of Bourdain when he's hungover enough to have to wear Sunglasses on his Show. I really do like his writing. Wry stuff. He's not in a space I want to occupy anymore, so all the Drinking doesn't faze me. I'm on the exterior, Voyeuristic side of the Zoo Cage Bars; content to watch the goings-on inside the Enclosure du Alcohol.

In one Episode, Bourdain ventured down to the CA Desert - The Turf Of My Youf - to hang with some Musician types: 'Queens Of The Stone Age'. Bourdain is a Band Fan, and showed some interesting aspects of how 'Desert Rats', as we used to call the Old Timers there, live. Eric Burdon of 'The Animals' lives in this area, as do plenty of Artistes and assorted Wackos.

My Grandpa used to hang with this Desert Wackadoo George Van Tassel; a former Pilot who encountered UFOs while Flying. I didn't make it into the 'Integratron' Dome linked below during one trip out to see Dad, but hope to some day. George lived his interesting existence around 'Giant Rock'. Hangin' in the Desert heat and low humidity with good ole George helped my Grandpa's Arthritis.

The Magnitude 7.3 Earthquake in 1992 remo'ed the Road to Landers CA a bit. Shake & Bake. See below...

Giant Rock Story

The Integratron ~ Landers CA

-

'Little Sister' ~ Queens Of The Stone Age

Bourdain reviews the latest QOTSA Disc here...

Bourdain Reviews QOTSA Album ~ Spin Magazine

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Earthquake Pic Landers.jpg (28.0 KB, 57 views)