Old 04-03-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
twal

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post

I had about five or six different gas stations between which I alternated my beer purchases. If I was making a purchase before 7:00am I would usually make some comment to the cashier about how it was for when I was grilling later that day (and hope she didn't notice my hands shaking when I paid). One store I used was in the adjacent town and apparently doesn't sell beer before 11. I was in line one morning and the cashier announced rather loudly to me that they don't sell beer in the mornings. Still makes me blush to think about it! It was humiliating....so I promptly drove about two miles over and bought in another location. Good heavens how I don't miss that loathsome feeling I got from behaving in such a way!
FAD...I did the same thing when drinking. I'd switch up convenient stores all of the time to buy alcohol. The time to buy alcohol here is 7AM too and I would be at the store exactly at 7. I am a sports nut so I would always tell the cashier I was having people over to watch the game when in reality the case of beer was all for me to drink. I am so glad that I don't have to live that way anymore. Have a good day everyone!