Thread: I am Very Sorry
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
I want to apologize for my April Fools Day joke. I did not intend to hurt anyone or make anyone upset. I did it in the spirit of camaraderie, or so I thought.

I am upset and utterly ashamed of myself for being so naive. MarathonMan, you are right. I should not be here. I don't want to set people off and if I seem like I am not taking sobriety seriously, then I should not be here.

Thank you all for being supportive over the last three weeks. I really appreciate it.

Pouncer
You did nothing wrong, Pouncer, so there's nothing to apologize for.

I've often hit the "Submit Reply" button before I've fully thought through how my words might affect other people. I don't believe that you did even that. Your heart is clearly in the right place.

It's understandable that some of the comments, including mine, would sting. I had no intention of shaming you or to make you feel bad. I'm sorry that I did not frame my thoughts and feelings with the kindness and sensitivitythat you deserve. It makes me sad that you feel ashamed.

Please stay with us. There's no such thing as having too many sensitive and kind-hearted people around.