Thread: I am Very Sorry
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
NoGoingBack

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
I want to apologize for my April Fools Day joke. I did not intend to hurt anyone or make anyone upset. I did it in the spirit of camaraderie, or so I thought.

I am upset and utterly ashamed of myself for being so naive. MarathonMan, you are right. I should not be here. I don't want to set people off and if I seem like I am not taking sobriety seriously, then I should not be here.

Thank you all for being supportive over the last three weeks. I really appreciate it.

Pouncer
Evening all! Just sticking my nose in, I just read through your 'opening a brewery' post... Couldn't pass by without a few words.

Some have found it funny, others seem to find it inappropriate so here's my take:
From the business end! Joking aside, people who've read my posts since I've been active will know I'm an alcoholic in recovery. Got sober for 6 months or so, relapsed, got sober again.

Here's what you good people of SR don't know: I live in, and run, a pub. No joke. We've been here nearly 10 years and I was a 'functioning' alcoholic even before we came here.

I didn't find your April fool offensive in the least. Surely this is a place where we can all come to share the good, the bad and the ugly about everything? After all, we're all grown ups, aren't we?

I understand people's negative reactions but don't think that a little light hearted banter should be taken too seriously!

Don't feel bad Pouncer, and certainly don't leave SR!

Forgive me if I speak out of turn, but I seriously think no harm done.

Hugs
NGB