View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kj3880

Originally Posted by mnh1982 View Post
Turns out letting him shower & see the baby was a poor choice. I don't know why I feel like he doesn't deserve to have his child ripped away from him. Maybe Im just weak...
Ugh. I want to get real with you, if you can handle it. I don't want to cause any pain, but I feel you will benefit from an honest opinion. I hope so.

First of all, the child isn't being "ripped away from him." He is choosing to use rather than be consistent in his recovery so that he can be with the child. That's his choice made by staying in his disease, and when and if he gets clean and attends meetings regularly, he will be helped to understand that just as all us recovering addicts do. I'm not saying he's a bad person. He's a sick person. You didn't cause him to become addicted. You cannot control his using. You cannot cure his sickness. All you can do is refuse to go for a ride with the sickness. And you do that by staying away, and keeping him away, unless and until he's clean for some good amount of time and working a good program of recovery.

At this point, you have to love your baby more than you love him.
You have to be the one to make the tough choices that must now be made to keep the baby stable and safe. The best way to care for your baby is by caring for his mother, too. You can only be stable and sane by keeping all the lies and drama away from you and the child. Get the help you need to stick with your resolve and keep him away until he's healthy. You'll be glad that you did!