View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
rednails

Originally Posted by ZHIK View Post
Ok, but there has to be something that happens while you're in a good mood that makes you drink. Look into that. How you feel. There you can find (and eliminate) your trigger.
Ah, I tried to respond to this honestly and wound up with a few things that it could be:
First, boredom, second, I use alcohol as a reward system. I'm sure I drink as a stress relief too, but I am having a hard time pinpointing that. The next time I crave a drink I guess I'll just try to examine why. It's not something I ever really thought of a lot.
Also, a while ago when I was suffering a little more with bulimia I would drink to keep myself from wanting to eat, (and eventually wind up binging), but that's not really an issue any more (pretty sure I'll have to finally deal with the bulimia when I stop drinking, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there).
And as lame as this sounds, it's also some times just a habit thing. Fridays don't feel like Fridays if I don't have a drink. Like, it's Friday I'm supposed to drink, that's how it feels. So maybe that's a reward too?
Either way, I think the biggest trigger for me is boredom.