View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Before I joined SR, I lurked a lot. I was quite clueless, but found myself drawn to certain people and their stories.

I wanted what they had, and they'd all gotten there through various ways so I tried a little bit of everything. Some worked great, some not so great but I kept moving forward.

Eight years and counting, I'm forever grateful for the people here who shared their ES&H. What drew me in was their stories. The more I read, the more I learned.

I also try to remember that there are people, like me, out there - reading and haven't yet decided to do something about their problem. There are newcomers who are feeling raw and scared.

MIR - I honestly don't know if I would have the strength you did when your daughter died. What I DO know? You have been one of my go-to people for a long time, and you would be one of the first I reached out to if anything similar happened to me.

The great part about belonging to this family of SR is that no matter what happens? There is someone here who has been through something similar and, though they may follow different paths, they are in recovery and they are here for you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy