Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Good morning all - Lilac, we are happy to have you and welcome! Weekends can be tough and that's why we have this thread! Stick close, there's a lot of activity and support here.

I had an unpleasant start to my "morning". At about 3.00am I was awoken by my intercom buzzing. This means someone out on the street is ringing my doorbell. Clearly, I know nobody who would be doing this and I assume it's some kids playing a prank or a drunkard who has the wrong house. After a few minutes of constant buzzing, I got out of bed and went downstairs. Angry. I got on the intercom to communicate with whomever was outside the gate. In Spanish, I said a few choice words. A mumbled and drunken voice apologized and I hung up.

As I start to drift back to sleep at 3.30, the intercom rings again. I wait for a few minutes. Then it starts AGAIN, constantly. I get up, walk downstairs, and get on the speaker one more time. To be certain it's not a neighbor in distress or a friend of someone in this complex, I ask for the name of the person they are trying to reach. They simply respond with an apartment number. I know everyone here, so I ask again for a specific NAME. More drunken mumbling. This time, I said that if this happens one more time that I will come out with a baseball bat.

I hate making threats like that (especially since I don't have a baseball bat) but it seemed to get the job done. My buzzer did not ring again. That said, the damage has been done and I'm a bit tired this morning and grouchy. Damn drunks.