View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
seasaw

Originally Posted by ajarlson View Post
My mom called me Friday, she found my work number and left a message there (I have her blocked on my personal phone). She said she just wanted to get my daughter's address for an audition she saw information about. Then she said she would like my new number (she doesn't know she's blocked) for any "emergencies". HA - her "emergencies" are why I blocked her number LOL. The interesting thing about that call was that I didn't realize it was her number, so I just started playing the voice mail and when I realized it was her I did NOT get that clenching gut wrenching anxiety I used to get, I got a little of it but nothing like it used to be. YAY!
Ugh, this totally took me back to all the times my mom would try to get in touch with my through my SO, friends, or by contacting me at my WORK if I didn't get back to her 'fast enough'. So inappropriate. Didn't matter how many times I told her never to call me at my job(s). Boundaries? What are those? *eyeroll*

I'm happy for you that you didn't get the Clench of Panic like before. I find that the longer I've been NC with mine, the more alleviation there is. The great eye from Lord of the Rings comes to mind!!!

Grits, I wanted to mention before - Crohns is so terrible, I have immense sympathy for anyone dealing with that on top of everything else life piles on. One of my good friends has been through all the different treatments and is in experimental treatments and trials now, is in and out of the hospital all the time... she doesn't even have kids. it's a really misunderstood, underestimated thing. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. Exhausting. Big big big hugs! It's just another reason I'm glad you're NC with your AM - you don't need anything or anyone dragging you down!!! #fucrohns!