Thread: Feeling lost
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
IloveRRR

I learn something new on this site everyday. From this thread I have YET AGAIN discovered one of my little behaviors: Talking all about my AH. After a 2 day bender last week he has remained sober, reached out to others in AA and started a very good job today advancing his career. We had a nice weekend together but as I read this thread I recall that almost all of the conversations this weekend were about him, his fears of his new job, him staying sober, his underlying issues...Hey? what about ME? I didnt feel that way at all this weekend but again, I lerarn something every day here. Tonight I am sure he will have lots to share about his first day on the job and that's cool but I have to keep in mind my needs and be sure to talk about my day, my feelings, etc. As soon as I read you were taking 2 weeks off when she comes home my RED FLAG went up! It sounds like something I would have done (in the past) because to be really honest I would want to be with him and, yes, I'll admit it- WATCH HIM LIKE A HAWK. Not anymore. I am learning the difference between support and being controlling and co-dependent, which is REALLY awesome since that is exactly why I came here in the first place! ((((((((hugs)))))))