View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mentium

Down, with a bit of a bang..

Day nine here and I woke up knowing I was a bit down after two or three really good up-beat days. Anyway I dragged myself out of the house and had a good brisk walk for well over an hour, taking photos as I went - dogs in tow. Feeling a bit better as a result!

There seems to be a point when the first hurdle is over with and you are faced with sober life that the reality kicks in. Add to that the fact that one's brain and body has not, despite progress, fully recovered by any means and one still has quite a lot on one's plate.

I am therefore struggling with mood, motivation (regarding life not quitting drinking!), and a general sense of flatness as well as a brain that does not seem to be functioning on all cylinders and a mild annoying headache!

I am however managing to retain high motivation for staying sober and making the most of life now that I don't drink. I am not expecting miracles, and I am not, as I may have done in previous times, thinking that this is sobriety, sobriety sucks and that drinking is better than this. It really is not. My last boozy spell told me that loud and clear!

Anyway, sorry to sound whiney. Doing good really here and will do what and all I need to do!